Sector: Nuclear New Build
Do you want to contribute to the development of a new energy technology that can safely turn nuclear waste into emission-free energy? Are you excited about working in a hands-on deep tech start-up team that aims to make a huge impact? Do you like complex challenges? Then, we might be just the company you are looking for!
We are looking for a driven Procurement Manager to join our innovative and international team.
Our client is a developer of nuclear power solutions. The company designs and creates frontier technology for Molten Salt Reactors (MSR). There are currently 18 professional experts in Amsterdam and an office is being opened in Lyon, France. The primary location of the role will be in the new office in Lyon.
They currently have a team of ~18 in Amsterdam and are hiring a similar sized team in Lyon. They are in the development phase and aim to solidify our design through analyses, experiments, simulations, and partnerships.
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the procurement strategy and process. You will manage contracts with suppliers (supply chain and subcontracting) and select and qualify suppliers in line with requirements of the technical and engineering teams. You will negotiate contracts with strategic suppliers (e.g., core materials, critical components, design subcontractors). You manage the complexities of supply chain management in the nuclear field, and take strategic, intellectual property protection and export control considerations into account in the procurement and contract management process. This role is based in Lyon.
* Define and mature the procurement process including guidance, standards and templates for the engineering team and financial administration.
* Establish the supply chain strategy and the mapping of the key strategic suppliers to support the scale up and mitigate risks
* Manage the supplier qualification and selection process, and facilitate and contribute to the assignment and requirement definitions, for requests for quotation or proposal.
* Manage existing supplier contracts and ensure contractual agreements are met (including NDAs, master service agreements, supplier contracts and delivery).
* Initiate and lead the procurement process for technical products and services (e.g., engineering subcontractors, research assignments, key components) thereby supporting the engineering team and including management team members where needed.
* Initiate and lead the procurement process for non-tech products and services (office contract, subcontracted business support functions)
* Ensure favorable conditions through the procurement process (request for proposals, negotiations, reviews of terms and conditions including IP clauses)
* Take into account and manage intellectual property protection and export control sensitivities.
* Track procurement orders and budget for projects.
* Continuously review contractual conditions to maximize value.
* Report to the COO. Work closely together with the CFO and legal advisors.
Qualifications and Experience
* You have over 5 years’ experience in leading contract management and procurement processes, ideally in a technological environment. Experience at a scale-up or OEM / engineering company would be considered a plus.
* You are a fast learner and combine analytical decision making with a drive for results and getting things done.
* You are a proactive self-starter and can immediately support the engineering team with their procurement challenges. While the team is growing you develop the strategy and lead the procurement process in a hands-on manner. Later on, you will lead the procurement team.
* You have experience with strategic negotiations and are skilled in constructive conflict resolution.
* You are an excellent communicator (clear is kind) in English and either French or Dutch, both spoken and written.
* You like working in an agile manner and are comfortable at the fast-moving pace of a technological scale-up.
* You are willing to travel between Lyon and Amsterdam once a month.
* You have an intrinsic motivation to make an impact and want to contribute to a responsible energy supply
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.