Sector: Nuclear New Build
Do you want to contribute to the development of a new energy technology that can safely turn nuclear waste into emission-free energy? Are you excited about working in a hands-on deep tech start-up team that aims to make a huge impact? Do you like complex challenges? Then, we might be just the company you are looking for!
We are looking for a driven Controller to join our innovative and international team.
Our client is a developer of nuclear power solutions. The company designs and creates frontier technology for Molten Salt Reactors (MSR). There are currently 18 professional experts in Amsterdam and an office is being opened in Lyon, France. The primary location of the role will be in the new office in Lyon.
They currently have a team of ~18 in Amsterdam and are hiring a similar sized team in Lyon. They are in the development phase and aim to solidify our design through analyses, experiments, simulations, and partnerships.
As the Controller, you will be the right hand of our CFO, and make sure we continuously keep track of value creation drivers, business plans and actual costs, for the company as a whole and for the projects. You will have a thorough understanding of what drives our future profitability through developing business model and an LCOE (levelized cost of energy) model. You will work closely together with the management team to manage cash-flow and runway, and with the system architect to track design cost envelopes. You combine excellent financial skills with a basic technical understanding and the ability to structure complex problems quickly. You will also set up and manage the reporting cycle. This role is based in Lyon.
* Continuously manage and develop our business model, LCOE (levelized cost of energy) model and use case model
* Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of what drives the business case for customers and for investors.
* Assess subsystem costs and refine inputs to the models with the system engineering team while the design advances from concept to detailed design. Together with the program manager you will define design cost envelopes.
* Manage and implement the planning and control cycle.
* Keep track of costs made during the project and ensure requirements to receive subsidies are met (this has very significant P&L impact and is a primary source of funding).
* Develop budget and cash flow scenarios and track runway performance against budget.
* Present financial insights to the management team and external stakeholders (investors, government).
* Interact with the financial administration (outsourced) in Lyon and Amsterdam.
* Support equity and subsidy fundraising efforts.
* Report to the CFO. Work closely together with the CFO and COO.
Qualifications and Experience
* You have experience with developing business cases, financial modeling and intercultural stakeholder management. Experience in either deep tech scale-ups, (R&D) program control, or consulting is considered a strong plus.
* You are a fast learner and combine strong analytical thinking with a drive for results and getting things done.
* You can lead projects independently and connect easily with experts to distill the information the is needed.
* You have experience setting up large financial models from scratch, and you know the ins and outs of excel.
* You have a master’s degree in finance, econometrics or technical business administration.
* You are an excellent communicator (clear is kind) in English, both spoken and written. French and/or Dutch would be considered a strong plus.
* You like working in an agile manner and are comfortable at the fast-moving pace of a technological scale-up.
* You are willing to travel between Lyon and Amsterdam once a month.
* You have an intrinsic motivation to make an impact and want to contribute to a responsible energy supply
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.