Sector: Major Infrastructure Project
As exclusive partner to Holtec Britain we’re looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work through concept, development, engineering analysis and documentation. Are you interested in joining a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers contributing the creation of innovative components for the next generation nuclear power station?
Holtec International and its subsidiary companies are designing an unconditionally safe and secure source of clean energy, the SMR-160 small modular reactor. This position is offered by Holtec Britain as a member of the Holtec International family, a global turnkey supplier of equipment and systems for nuclear, solar, geothermal, and fossil power generation sectors of the energy industry. Come join a growing multidisciplinary team of engineers designing the next generation nuclear power station.
What will you be doing?
You will lead CAD initiatives, incorporating design intricacies to craft precise technical documentation. You will shape concept designs and refine them through a deep understanding of systems, structures, and components. You’ll adapt ambiguity, transforming initial designs through critical thinking, research, and collaboration. Beyond design evolution, you will contribute to technical documentation, assimilate supplier insights, and validate concepts.
For this role you’ll need:
- Degree qualifications in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- Experience in requirements capture, including functional, non-functional, stakeholder and regulatory requirements
- Experience in generating design solutions through formal optioneering processes or something similar
- Experience in carrying out mechanical engineering substantiation for new designs
- Experience in writing accurate, detailed, and concise technical reports (e.g., design calculations, basis of analysis, safety case reports)
- The ability to work independently and balance competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills which you’ll put to use both within and outside of the business
- Eligible to work under 10 CFR Part 810.
Given the nature of the projects and technology, further desirable experience includes:
- Experience in design / fabrication of products such as heat exchangers, piping valves and pumps, and ASME components
- Experience of using FEA simulation to support product development, ideally from a nuclear or similar industry
- Experience of working with engineers and fabricators to develop designs and drawings
- Experience with using SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and SmartPlant software suites
- Experience in commercial nuclear or naval nuclear design.
This is a unique moment in time when joining the UK nuclear sector, with a specific focus on Small Modular Reactor technologies, presents a unique and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of clean energy innovation, contribute to the country’s energy security, and shape the future of sustainable power generation. Are you ready to take an exciting step within a field where you can make a significant impact and contribute to a greener and more sustainable future?
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.