Renewables Development Manager – Wind Energy
UK Wind Energy Development Manager
Sector: Onshore wind
Diversity and Inclusion
Thomas Thor will work with you to ensure that this process is as accessible and as inclusive as possible. If there is anything that can be done to ensure you are able to access this process, then please inform Jamie Braddock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our client is a well renound international developer, owner, and operator of energy generation assets and they are investing heavily into their renewables portfolio. They have ambitions to achieve mulit-GW growth year on year.
Flexibility, appreciation, and respect are at the core of this company’s culture whilst they work to shape positive change within the energy market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support a rapidly growing division within a very experienced and credible international business.
As a wind Development Manager you will be able to develop new business models, and to work on technological solutions for a modern, sustainable, and future-oriented energy supply.
In this role you will:
- Work in a team to identify and grow our onshore wind pipeline across UK and RoI through acquisitions, partnerships and greenfield development;
- Identify, negotiate and secure development partnerships;
- Undertake detailed assessments of a site’s renewable development potential, including a detailed examination and interpretation of environmental, policy risks and business case;
- Manage the full project process from conception, EIA production and review and application submission, potential appeal and discharge of consent conditions in a diligent and effective manner.
- Able to manage project lifecycle, produce project programmes, manage budgets and produce high quality status reports;
- Ability to manage and communicate effectively with external consultants and be able to understand and interrogate third party information;.
- Be experienced in managing the consultation processes, including preparing for and attending pre-application council consultations, managing statutory and non-statutory consultees;
- Liaising with the public and organising and delivering public consultation events and concisely presenting projects to surrounding communities..
- Understands the relevant planning processes in each UK jurisdiction and how cost, time and policy factors influence projects commercially or economically.
- Be an active member in the growth of the renewables team locally and across the EU.
To be successful within this role you will need the following:
- Relevant education or experience within environmental, business or planning discipline;
- Previous experience within Wind Development Projects, or other renewables experience;
- Experience in identifying and delivering new development projects in the UK and RoI;
- Track record of developing business to business relationships and acquiring development partnerships;
- Demonstrable experience in delivering planning approvals with UK and Irish planning systems;
- Experience of NGET/DNO connection processes;
- Experience in managing consultants and external suppliers;
- Using GIS systems as well as third party/statutory sources of spatial, environmental and planning information;
- Excellent communication skills in an international environment and the ability to influence effectively at all levels;
- Willingness to travel to existing sites, councils and regions within EU;
- Prepare and write high quality concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders.
To apply or to learn more about this role please apply via this advert and we will be in touch to discuss further.
Interested in this position?
You can apply directly online using the button below
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!
Help us grow and achieve your potential at a values-driven business.